WOW! I haven’t written anything on here in a looong ass time.
A quick update:
- Tried to hybridize (read: bastardize) Wendler and Westside - didn’t work.
- Competed in my first meet:
- Qualified for Western and National Championships.
- Started a Raw Westside Template from Juggernaut Training Systems, did not dig it.
- Switched back to Wendler 3 1/2 weeks out from Westerns, decided to put on some more weight and just say “fuck it” to weight-classes…
- Now feeling like I could break headfirst through a wall.
Competing this weekend in Westerns, and so far have hit all my 92.5% attempts - a 270 bench (in the video below) and my 530 deadlift (easy peasy). 430 squat tomorrow, then a massage and haircut (pre-meet ritual). Wish me luck! I’ll try to keep this a bit more updated for all of you who care. (both of you)
Here’s some cheesy training footage.